[Rcpp-devel] pairlist problem with Rcpp 0.10.2

Alexey Stukalov astukalov at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 23:44:17 CET 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 3 January 2013 at 16:01, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> |
> | Hi Alexey,
> |
> | On 3 January 2013 at 22:13, Alexey Stukalov wrote:
> | | Dear Rcpp developers,
> | |
> | | After an upgrade to Rcpp 0.10.2 I've got an error "pairlist undefined"
> during
> | | the compilation of my Rcpp-using C++ library
> | | (actual gcc 4.7 output is hundreds lines long, so I skip it ) in the
> | | constructions like this:
> | |
> | | Rcpp::DataFrame::create(
> | |                 Rcpp::Named( R_COLUMN_OBJECT, objectIds ),
> | |                 Rcpp::Named( R_COLUMN_COMPONENT_INDEX, compIxs ),
> | |                 Rcpp::Named( R_STRINGS_AS_FACTORS, false )
> | |             )
> | |
> | | whereas with the older versions (including 0.10) it was ok.
> | | I figured that pairlist is defined in Rcpp/grow.h.
> | | When I include this header before <Rcpp/DataFrame.h>, the problem goes
> away.
>
> I wasn't looking closely enough, in SVN's Rcpp.h we already have this on
> lines 38 and 57:
>
>   #include <Rcpp/grow.h>
>   [...]
>   #include <Rcpp/DataFrame.h>
>
> So exactly what was the problem and what was the purported fix?
>
> Dirk

Hi Dirk,

thanks for taking time to look into this.

Well, I guess if I would use <Rcpp.h>, which basically defines everything,
the problem will go away.
In my project, however, I'm trying to include only essential headers to
reduce compilation time.
In this case <Rcpp/DataFrame.h>.
If Rcpp's header policy doesn't require that the public headers should
include the ones they depend upon, the reported thing is not a bug.

Alexey