[Rcpp-devel] pairlist problem with Rcpp 0.10.2

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Jan 3 23:01:50 CET 2013

Hi Alexey,

On 3 January 2013 at 22:13, Alexey Stukalov wrote:
| Dear Rcpp developers,
|
| After an upgrade to Rcpp 0.10.2 I've got an error "pairlist undefined" during
| the compilation of my Rcpp-using C++ library
| (actual gcc 4.7 output is hundreds lines long, so I skip it ) in the
| constructions like this:
|
| Rcpp::DataFrame::create(
|                 Rcpp::Named( R_COLUMN_OBJECT, objectIds ),
|                 Rcpp::Named( R_COLUMN_COMPONENT_INDEX, compIxs ),
|                 Rcpp::Named( R_STRINGS_AS_FACTORS, false )
|             )
|
| whereas with the older versions (including 0.10) it was ok.
| I figured that pairlist is defined in Rcpp/grow.h.
| When I include this header before <Rcpp/DataFrame.h>, the problem goes away.

Thanks for the report, and especially a suggested fix.

Could you possibly mock up a complete example?  A lot of headers got
reorganised, moved, ... and if we had a self-contained little test I'd add
that as another unit test to at least make sure we won't get bitten by this.
But as I don't have you R_COLUMN_OBJECT etc definition...

Thanks,  Dirk