[Rcpp-devel] Integrating java, C++ and R

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Jan 3 13:57:54 CET 2013

(This mail was held for manual approval; its size exceeded the 40kb limit.
Let's try to keep all mails smaller.  So Nick, be careful not to add video or
audio to your signature ;-)

On 3 January 2013 at 16:04, Royden Fernandes wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I am able to integrate C++ and R through RInside library. However when I use a
| jni call as my UI is through java it crashes at C++ side. My files are

I have no idea.

Beyond the generic "R is single-threaded and maybe you end up with
out-of-sync callbacks here". Or multiple RInside instances, also a no-no. See
my Qt example in the RInside package.

Otherwise, maybe ask on r-devel and hope that Simon shows some mercy and
graces you with an answer.  There is nothing in Rcpp that would actively seek
to destroy Java (though I am starting to like that idea, just kidding...)

Romain also used to contribute to rJava and may have another idea.