[Rcpp-devel] #ifdef'd out // [[Rcpp::export]]

JJ Allaire jj.allaire at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 02:31:37 CET 2013

Certainly realize that it's possible to make a more inline form of code
generation work with sourceCpp (and it would overcome the #ifdef issue you
encountered). One additional fly in ointment is that for package
development we _must_ use an external file for code generation (otherwise
we'd need to re-write the entire src directory including generating a
custom Makevars -- clearly a non-starter). We could have divergent behavior
for sourceCpp and compileAttributes (used for packages) but I hesitate to
cross that line.

J.J.