[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp updates

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Feb 23 23:00:47 CET 2013

A few things I seem to not have gotten around to announcing here:

i)   The Rcpp book is indeed coming, we are still hoping for early May. I
     blogged a few more words at
        http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/2013/02/05#rcpp_book_coming_in_may
     where I also mentioned the dedicated page
        http://www.rcpp.org/book/

ii)  I did mention the events page at
        http://www.rcpp.org/events/
     but did not really stress that there will be a day-long class in New
     York in two weeks from now on March 9.  For those in the New York, it
     may be a good opportunity to get hands-on training.   A bit more
     information is available at
        http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/2013/02/18#rcpp_class_2013-03

iii) I just blogged about two recent papers. Bates and Eddelbuettel (2013)
     about RcppEigen is out at the Journal of Statistical Software, Vol 52,
     Issue 5; Eddelbuettel and Sanderson (2013) is "in press" at CSDA under
     DOI 10.1016/j.csda.2013.02.005

iv)  We are trying to finalize a new Rcpp release. There are _a lot_ of nice
     "under the hood" changes, fixes and extensions in there, but because of
     this we are also testing carefully.  We have observed some odd bugs in
     three packages [1] for which we are probably responsible. We're still
     looking into this.  But for anybody who has a moment and can test, we'd
     appreciate a download from SVN and test at your end.  The package is in
     good shape (we're all running it) so a local upgrade should be fine.

Thanks,  Dirk

[1] In case the respective maintainers read this: We experience reproducible
issue with examples from package forecast, mMRMe and scdMicro.  We think it
is "us" though but can of course not be entirely sure.