[Rcpp-devel] trying installing RcppCNPy with -std=c++11 (or c++0x) and failed due to incompatible number of arguments

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Feb 19 17:57:29 CET 2013

On 19 February 2013 at 11:47, Gong-Yi Liao wrote:
| * installing *source* package ‘RcppCNPy’ ...
| ** package ‘RcppCNPy’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
| ** libs
| g++ -I/usr/share/R/include -DNDEBUG
| -I"/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/Rcpp/include" -fpic -std=c++11 -O2
| -pipe -g -c cnpy.cpp -o cnpy.o

Please remove the -std=c++11 from your CXXFLAGS (or however it crept in).

CRAN does not accept it, the package is maintained and supported as a CRAN
package.  If you need extensions (such as the C++11 support) you are
currently on your own.

| It seems that this problem is caused by some function defined
| in"codecvt.h".
| Does anyone have encountered similar problem ?

It may be a simple matter of include file order. I don't know.