[Rcpp-devel] Mersenne Twister in RcppArmadillo?

Simon Zehnder szehnder at uni-bonn.de
Fri Feb 15 08:56:38 CET 2013

Hi Dirk,

that is good to know. At this point I would like to know: Functions like R::qbinom or R::qnorm from R's C library can still be used right? They are not called, but the code is read and worked through in compilation?

Best

Simon

P.S.: How is it with code using RcppArmadillo: Is there a general interest to share reusable code (e.g. I programmed for my GMM estimation a Newey West covariance estimation procedure, reproducing results from R's package sandwich with prewhitening, bandwith bwNeweyWest and weights weightsAndrews. Also sandwich estimation is possible. It becomes much faster than the R equivalent when working with datasets bigger than 50.000 observations)?