[Rcpp-devel] Mersenne Twister in RcppArmadillo?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Feb 11 13:33:13 CET 2013

On 11 February 2013 at 12:17, Yan Zhou wrote:
| I don't think it is that simple. Boost.Random depends on a lot of things. Pull in Boost.Random means pull in Boost.TypeTraits, Boost.MPL and a lot of other things. There is tool for extract part of Boost, BCP. I tried to incorporate Boost.Random into my own library once. But the truth is that pull in Boost.Random and all the results was not pretty. You also need to keep track update of Boost, which is an unnecessary burden IMHO.

Correct, not a good general solution for Conrad. His functor idea seems very
nice though.

For CRAN use, a few us started to provide a package 'BH' which contains Boost
headers one can depend on via a simple 'LinkingTo: BH' from another R
package.  We do include what a few reference packages needed rather than
"all" of Boost so if something is missing let us or know or file a
Tracker / Issue ticket at the r-forge page for boostheaders where I already
filed two:

  https://r-forge.r-project.org/tracker/?group_id=1469&atid=5310