[Rcpp-devel] calling a homegrown cpp function from my own package when using sourceCpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Dec 30 16:04:27 CET 2013

On 30 December 2013 at 14:27, Søren Højsgaard wrote:
| I am reluctant to follow Romains suggestion because the package has a lot of c-code in it, so using load_all() takes quite some time because all c and c++ code is being compiled. (Maybe that is just slow on windows? I tried on linux (ubuntu) too but I can't get devtools installed (because RCurl for some reason can't be installed)).

By the way, if you post your error message regarding RCurl to the
r-sig-debian Debian list, I am sure we can help you sort that out.
Discussing it here is a little off-topic.

Lots of people happily use R and these development tools on
Ubuntu/Debian. FWIW I have the libcurl4-nss-dev package installed.