[Rcpp-devel] RcppEigen needs 1GB memory to compile

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Dec 2 21:20:54 CET 2013

On 2 December 2013 at 13:52, Douglas Bates wrote:
| The important thing is to use the -g0 flag.  Even though RcppEigen is  a

Right.

And for the opencpu server deployment, you may want to edit the -g out
/etc/R/Makeconf as well. As I recall, there was an r-devel thread in which
the desire to override such 'earlier' settings in what R CMD ... uses via
later settings, and as I recall Simon stated that it couldn not be done.

| header-only package we include an example R function fastlm. If you leave the
| symbols in the DLL file you get a massive library size whereas stripping the
| symbols provides you with a much smaller file size.  And because packages that
| use RcppEigen only use the headers, not the DLL file, it doesn't matter if the
| symbols are stripped.

Do you think we should move fastLm out?

Dirk