[Rcpp-devel] [ANN] RcppArmadillo 0.3.900.7

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Aug 4 22:39:03 CEST 2013

The post below was just posted on my blog [1] to spread the word that
RcppArmadillo 0.3.900.7 is now on CRAN.

Special thanks to Conrad for prompt help with Amelia (which was our error).

Dirk

[1] http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/

   RcppArmadillo 0.3.900.7

   A bug-fix release 3.900.7 of Armadillo was provided by Conrad a few
   days ago. It has been rolled into a new RcppArmadillo release
   0.3.900.7 which, after a brief delay, is now on CRAN and in Debian.

   The main bug fix is a change in the in-place version of reshape().
   This in turn caused the CRAN package Amelia to fail, but some diligent
   debugging by Conrad (which was much appreciated) revealed that the
   error was in fact in RcppArmadillo where we did not set the matrix
   flag properly in the constructor. The corresponding one-character fix
   had been made in this release.

   Another package exhibiting an issue is unmarked. It needs to make the
   target variable of reshape a matrix object in a handful of places. I
   sent the authors a small patch addressing this but have not yet heard
   back.

   The complete list of changes is below. In the meantime, I have also
   done some work on a new as() and wrap() converters for sparse
   matrices; a first implementation is in SVN.

       Changes in RcppArmadillo version 0.3.900.7 (2013-08-02)

       * Upgraded to Armadillo release Version 3.900.7 (Bavarian
         Sunflower)

            * minor fix for inplace reshape()

            * minor corrections for compilation issues under GCC 4.8+ and
              MSVC

       * Corrected setting of vec_stats in intialization of row, vector
         and matrix objects

       * The inline package is no longer used in the examples and unit
         tests which have all been converted to using Rcpp attributes

   Courtesy of CRANberries, there is also a diffstat report for the most
   recent release As always, more detailed information is on the
   RcppArmadillo page. Questions, comments etc should go to the
   rcpp-devel mailing list off the R-Forge page.