[Rcpp-devel] Datetime substraction bug ?

Patrick Burns patrick at burns-stat.com
Tue Apr 2 17:34:37 CEST 2013

In case Dirk is feeling lonely, I'll side with him.

I think the ultimate issue is abstraction versus
application.  In a purely abstract setting, then I
agree that `-`(1, 3) should be negative.  But we
don't have a purely abstract setting.  I agree with
Dirk's New Year's/Easter example -- if the dates are
in order, then the diff should be positive to my
mind.

Note also:

 > diff(c(1, 3))
[1] 2