[Rcpp-devel] Fwd: Stack Overflow Question

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Oct 11 00:55:11 CEST 2012

On 10 October 2012 at 19:28, Ricardo Silva wrote:
| Dear Dirk,
|
| Garret said that its too "localized", in his post of SO, what he means
| with this? It can
| be a problem of my code or it has to be a problem with the system I'm
| running the program? I'm running this program in different machines
| with ubuntu 12, and in all of them I've been observing this behavior,
| do you think I can be missing some library?

1)  Garrett was kind enough to run your example, and it worked for him. He
uses Ubuntu.

2)  I also ran your example today.  It is insane -- took ~ 15 min run time,
but completed fine. Ubuntu 12.04.

3)  I told you in the SO thread to work on a simpler example, which you
didn't.

4)  I don't usually have time to help people with somewhat vague, unfocussed
question with way-too-long-an-example.  But as you supplied an example, I
tried it.  It worked for me too.

5)  "Too localized" at SO means, roughly, "cannot replicate" and/or "problem
too specific to the user" ie "too local".  I agree with that call, and so did
three others.  So the question is now closed.  You can discuss that at
meta.stackoverflow.com but not here.

So as far as I can tell:  No bug, no issue.

Dirk

| Ricardo
|
| On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
| >
| > On 10 October 2012 at 16:28, Ricardo Silva wrote:
| > | Hi,
| > |