[Rcpp-devel] Correlation in ArmadilloRcpp with missing values (nan)

Christian Gunning xian at unm.edu
Wed Oct 10 12:46:11 CEST 2012

> Maybe I am not good in coding, but even though I managed to make uvec with
> ones and zeros, I cannot use it to select rows  in given column, compiler
> complains
> error: no matching function for call to
> ?arma::Mat<double>::submat(arma::uvec&, int&)?

Take a second look at the docs.  From
http://arma.sourceforge.net/docs.html#submat:

"
X( vector_of_row_indices, vector_of_column_indices )
X.submat( vector_of_row_indices, vector_of_column_indices )
For functions requiring one or more vector of indices, eg.
X.submat(vector_of_row_indices,vector_of_column_indices), each vector
of indices must be of type uvec.
"

Notice that the function that you call, submat(uvec&, int&), is
different than the one that actually exists, submat(uvec&, uvec&),

best,
-Christian

--
A man, a plan, a cat, a ham, a yak, a yam, a hat, a canal – Panama!