[Rcpp-devel] Help needed for clang++ testing on OS X and Linux

Davor Cubranic cubranic at stat.ubc.ca
Sun Oct 7 21:50:57 CEST 2012

On 12-10-06 11:14 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> But we need to hear from OS X users with different clang++ versions, and
> possibly clang++ users on other Linux setups --- particularly with clang++
> 2.* and 3.1.
>
> The test is easy: just do 'R CMD INSTALL Rcpp_0.9.14.2.tar.gz' and it will
> either build and exceptions.cpp finds its headers, or not.  I would
> appreciate tests and reports back here greatly ... and I don't really want to
> mess with five more uploads.

But isnt' it going to use whatever C++ R was configured to use?
Typically, that's the one it was built with, and for the "official" R
binary on OS X, that would be "CXX=gcc". Which, depending on the version
of the OS, will be either gcc or gcc-llvm. If so, wouldn't one need to R
from source with clang as the C++ compiler in order to test this?

Davor