[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp::depends not picking up inst/include/

Thell Fowler tbfowler4 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 23:55:31 CET 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM, JJ Allaire <jj.allaire at gmail.com> wrote:
> One extra clarifying note: when you move from a purely generated
> package header file to one that mixes user and generated headers you
> need to remove the generator token from the main package header. For
> example:
>
> https://github.com/jjallaire/TestPackageDepends/commit/f3ed24608d05d59f64bf67c0cae2cb4f6181ca57
>
> This is covered in the attributes vignette but this seems like a good
> context to point it out in.
>
> One other note: custom as/wrap forwarders will work fine with
> sourceCpp however if other packages want to use your forwarders then
> compileAttributes needs to know about your package's header so it can
> be included in RcppExports.cpp. The way to do this is to write an
> inline plugin.

Thanks for your patience JJ; I went from start to end and it worked!

Then I pulled up the backup and they had no true functional
difference.  Not believing this could be the case I used my old test
cpp file against the new package and it failed!  Used the new test cpp
against the old package and it worked!  The problem was in the test
cpp file all along.  (Color me chagrined.)  It seems I had omitted the
final ']]' from the Rcpp::depends line and since it is a c++ comment
line obviously no syntax error was thrown.

Thanks again for the help, at least I got to learn more about how the
attributes work. :)  That example worked well as a comparative
skeleton.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled programming.

--
Sincerely,
Thell