[Rcpp-devel] A beginners guide to Rcpp

Jay Emerson jayemerson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 14:47:31 CET 2012

I'm not sure I'd go quite this far in ragging on the C API.  For someone
who wants to write plain-vanilla C code (without C++) working on vectors
and matrices, it really seems acceptable to me.  If someone doesn't have at
least some basic technical ability, they shouldn't be writing C or C++
code, anyway.

However, for more advanced use of the API and C++, I'm completely with you.

I'll look this over, Hadley, once things settle down.  Thanks for your
efforts on this!

Jay

--
John W. Emerson (Jay)
Associate Professor of Statistics, Adjunct, and Acting Director of Graduate