[Rcpp-devel] R vectorisation vs. C++ vectorisation

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 19:13:46 CET 2012

> But still, I don't understand why you consider pmin and pmax as primitives?
>
> Even if they are part of the base package it's not right to consider them as
> primitive of the R language!
>
> You can check:
> .Primitive('pmax')

Well, they're implemented in C code. I don't think R has a good
definition of what a "primitive" of the language is - primitive and
internal functions are interspersed functions in names.c, and there's
no formal spec defining which functions are primitive.

Hadley

--
RStudio / Rice University
http://had.co.nz/