[Rcpp-devel] inline and namespace loading issues for new package

Ian Fellows ian.fellows at stat.ucla.edu
Sun Nov 11 08:34:06 CET 2012

Dirk,

> Quick guess:  Maybe force load / import of package 'methods' ?
>
> More on the other questions in a few days. Let's take them one by one.

I had already added methods to the namespace via import in the NAMESPACE file, and added it to the depends in the DESCRIPTION file. I just tried adding an explicit library(methods) to .onLoad, which fixed the warning, but now gives me:

* checking R code for possible problems ... NOTE
File ‘ernm/R/zzz.R’:
  .onLoad calls:
    library(methods)

Package startup functions should not change the search path.
See section ‘Good practice’ in ?.onAttach.

Best,
ian