[Rcpp-devel] Problem installing even default Rcpp skeleton package

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu May 10 02:07:06 CEST 2012

On 9 May 2012 at 19:40, Steve Lianoglou wrote:
| Hi,
|
| On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Nick Matzke <matzke at berkeley.edu> wrote:
| [snip]
| > So, next issue.  My default "RcppSkeleton" package now installs fine and
| > library(RcppSkeleton) works fine.
| >
| > However, when I run the one function in the package, rcpp_hello_world(), I
| > get this problem:
| >

| >> rcpp_hello_world()
| >
| > Error in .Call("rcpp_hello_world", PACKAGE = "hello_world_Rcpp") :
| >  C symbol name "rcpp_hello_world" not in DLL for package "hello_world_Rcpp"
|
| Your package is called "RcppSkeleton", isn't it? If so, that should be
| reflected in your PACKAGE argument in .Call, eg:
|
| .Call("rcpp_hello_world", PACKAGE="RcppSkeleton")

+1

And that is what should have gotten filled in as rcpp_hello_world.R in
inst/skeleton/ (which gets copied) has:

rcpp_hello_world <- function(){
	.Call( "rcpp_hello_world", PACKAGE = "@PKG@" )
}

and all that works here:

R> Rcpp.package.skeleton("rcppSkeletonTest", path="/tmp")
Creating directories ...
Creating DESCRIPTION ...
Creating NAMESPACE ...
Creating Read-and-delete-me ...
Saving functions and data ...
Making help files ...
Done.
Further steps are described in '/tmp/rcppSkeletonTest/Read-and-delete-me'.

Adding Rcpp settings
 >> added Depends: Rcpp
 >> added LinkingTo: Rcpp
 >> added useDynLib directive to NAMESPACE
 >> added Makevars file with Rcpp settings
 >> added Makevars.win file with Rcpp settings
 >> added example header file using Rcpp classes
 >> added example src file using Rcpp classes
 >> added example R file calling the C++ example
 >> added Rd file for rcpp_hello_world
R> library(rcppSkeletonTest)      ## after R CMD INSTALL ... outside of R
R> rcpp_hello_world()
[[1]]
[1] "foo" "bar"

[[2]]
[1] 0 1

R> rcppSkeletonTest::rcpp_hello_world()
[[1]]
[1] "foo" "bar"

[[2]]
[1] 0 1

Ok?

R/Finance 2012 Conference on May 11 and 12, 2012 at UIC in Chicago, IL
See agenda, registration details and more at http://www.RinFinance.com