[Rcpp-devel] Error on Solaris

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed May 2 15:01:32 CEST 2012

Hi Seung,

On 2 May 2012 at 08:33, Seungki Kim wrote:
| Hi,
| According to CRAN Package Check Results for Package,
| http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_Rcpp.html
| it has an error on Solaris.
| I have a package using Rcpp. My CRAN Package Check also says it has
| error on Solaris. It's from dependency of Rcpp.
| How can I avoid this error on Solaris? For example, can I set Rcpp
| version lower?

No you simply cannot avoid this -- as Rcpp fails. And has been failing for a
long time.

We do not have access to Solaris, neither on Sparc nor on x86.  Martyn
Plummer helped us once with a patch for one of the combinations (Solaris on
x86 as I recall) but it broke again.

Without access, we have little hope of fixing this.

R/Finance 2012 Conference on May 11 and 12, 2012 at UIC in Chicago, IL
See agenda, registration details and more at http://www.RinFinance.com