[Rcpp-devel] Testing for existence of named components

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Mar 29 20:18:18 CEST 2012

On 29 March 2012 at 18:51, Patrick Burns wrote:
| On 29/03/2012 18:33, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

| > |
| > | Hello,
| > |
| > | I commited the has_element_called method on the Vector template (vectors
| > | of all sorts, incl lists).
| >
| > +1, but how about just calling it 'contains' rather 'has_element_called' ?
|
| I think 'contains' would imply a value
| in the vector rather than a name.  The
| extra typing might be worth avoiding
| that confusion.

While that is true, it cannot deflect away from the fact that Hadley and I
are in a deadly mano-a-mano battle about the extended use, or, in my case,
strict avoidance, of underscores.  That is /extremely serious/ business.

So how about hasElementCalled() then?

Or given that these are 'names' how about

   hasElementNamed()

pr maybe

   containsName()

R/Finance 2012 Conference on May 11 and 12, 2012 at UIC in Chicago, IL
See agenda, registration details and more at http://www.RinFinance.com