[Rcpp-devel] Testing for existence of named components

Ulrich Bodenhofer bodenhofer at bioinf.jku.at
Wed Mar 28 13:56:18 CEST 2012

Hi,

My question is the following: is there any way of checking in whether a
component of an Rcpp list (or vector) with a given name exists in this
list. If I simply try accessing a non-existing component, I get an
"index out of bounds" error. Trying to catch a possible exception did
not work either. I also browsed the Rcpp package source code, but
unfortunately I got lost. Sorry if this has been addressed on this list
before. At least I googled in many different ways, but could not find
anything. Any ideas? Any help is gratefully appreciated!

Thanks and best regards,
Ulrich