[Rcpp-devel] [ANN] RcppArmadillo 0.2.37 -- at R-Forge only

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Mar 25 20:47:19 CEST 2012

Conrad released a new test release of his Armadillo librar last Monday as a
first step towards Armadillo 3.0.  We needed to make one change to accomidate
changes; and Romain kindly did so early yesterday.  The new package is at
CRAN, but is being held back because we seemingly have submitted too many
package updates already according to internal CRAN counts (R CMD check under
R-devel reports seven in the last six months---is that really excessive?)

Now, I don't entirely agree with that point, but I am at the same time of
course fully aware of the workload the CRAN maintainers are under. As it is
their archive, and their volunteer time, we submit to their rules.

In order for users to still benefit from the package, consider installing
directly from R-Forge via

  install.packages("RcppArmadillo", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

which should get you 0.2.37.  The full NEWS entry is below.

0.2.37  2012-03-19

    o   Upgraded to Armadillo test release 2.99.1 "Antarctic Chilli Ranch (Beta 1)"

    	  * added non-contiguous submatrix views
	  * added hist() and histc()
	  * faster handling of submatrix views
	  * faster generation of random numbers
	  * faster element access in fixed size matrices
	  * better detection of vector expressions by sum(), cumsum(),
	    prod(), min(), max(), mean(), median(), stddev(), var()

Cheers, Dirk

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx