[Rcpp-devel] Fwd: Re: devtools load_all() and modules

Glenn Lawyer lawyer at mpi-inf.mpg.de
Wed Mar 21 10:56:00 CET 2012

Dear Dirk,

I have now written a patch which incorporates your answer to
Hadley in the Rcpp-package manual. I am attaching the complete
*Rnw file. The diff is below.

Please let me know your preferred channel for me to submit future
patch suggestions.

Kind regards,

+glenn

########## begin diff output ##################

233,244d232
<
< \subsubsection{\proglang{C++} development workflow}
< \proglang{R}'s package framework elegantly supports rapid
prototyping and experimental code development. One suggested
workflow tests changes to \proglange{C++} code via
< <<echo=FALSE>>=
<  $ R CMD INSTALL mypkg && r -lmypkg -e 'someFunctionToTickle(3.14)'
< @
<
< The second command calls 'r' (littler), not 'R'. Littler is an
alternative front end to GNU R for '#!' (hashbang) scripting. It
has fast start-up times and gives a guaranteed clean slate. The -l
option calls 'library(mypkg)' before executing the \proglang{R}
expression. Littler is available via most Linux distribution's
package management systems. The project homepage is
\href{http://code.google.com/p/littler/.}
<
< Alternately, rapid prototyping can be conducted  using the
inline package and \Sexpr{cxxfunction}.
<
<