[Rcpp-devel] [Rd] R inline package

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Mar 20 18:19:04 CET 2012

On 19 March 2012 at 14:32, Troy Robertson wrote:
| Okay, after having a look at the source for the inline package, I see
| that ... arguments to setCMethod()
| are not passed on in its internal call to cfunction(), hence my cppargs
| and libargs (and indeed Rcpp=TRUE)
| are ignored?

As I said before, we extended the inline package with cxxfunction() for use
with Rcpp et al, and essentially only use cxxfunction.

As for S4 methods, there are some example tucked away in the unittests you
could look at.

For the rest, I am not entirely clear as to what it is you want to do.  Maybe
Rcpp modules could help you, though it is closer to Reference Classes than to
S4 classes.

Hoep this helps,  Dirk

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx