[Rcpp-devel] Lots of lists

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Mar 13 19:56:06 CET 2012

On 13 March 2012 at 14:18, Matthew Krachey wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I am working on a rather complicated MCMC simulation with a lot of return objects, both vectors and matrices. We are on the verge of getting things to go (to date, much faster than Numpy) but we are returning ~21 list objects (again, both vectors and matrices) and we are getting error when the 21st object is added. We would like all of this output to return to R for post-processing. Is there a recommended way to deal with this type of output?

Some of those interfaces are machine generated, and we may have stopped at 21
arguments.

The easiest remedy (short of rebuilding Rcpp) is to remember that lists can
be nested.  I have a work project where I feed just one master list with an
ever growing list of components...

Can you try to regroups some related objects in a first list, and then return
that first list as part of the overall returns?

Dirk

| Thanks
|
| Matthew

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx