[Rcpp-devel] Using testthat instead of adding more RUnit tests?

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 7 17:26:42 CET 2012

In other packages I have started using the testthat package instead of
RUnit for unit tests (it appears that I am in danger of becoming a
"Hadley fanboy" as Dirk characterizes such people).  One great
advantage of testthat is its repeating the errors after all the tests
have been run.  RUnit error reports can be lost in the output from R
CMD check on win-builder.  Also, it is more flexible than RUnit.

I am adding tests to RcppEigen in advance of a major release
incorporating Eigen-3.1.0-alpha2 and I think I will switch the tests
to testthat unless Dirk or others complain vociferously.