[Rcpp-devel] mzR and Rcpp - could not find function "errorOccured"

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jun 26 22:55:15 CEST 2012

On 26 June 2012 at 13:42, Davor Cubranic wrote:
| Doesn't Rcpp 2.11 require 2.15.1, and the computers on which you had problems had 2.15?
|
| Also, you don't say if you tried rebuilding your package, or if you just continued using the same binary. It is possible that since Rcpp API changed, the missing symbol is detected by the dynamic link loader and so aborts loading mzR. (Not sure why it would work on some platforms and not others -- maybe dynamic linking is more tolerant than on others.)

My thoughts exactly.

The variable I commented out within the Evaluator was not (AFAIK) "visible"
as I try to minimize API changes. So this looks like an unfortunate
side-effect, but I could of course have created another buglet.

When I have a moment, I'll try to fetch biobase and mzR to take a look.  We
certainly want Rcpp to work fine for BioC as well.