[Rcpp-devel] mzR and Rcpp - could not find function "errorOccured"

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jun 26 21:17:25 CEST 2012

Laurent,

On 26 June 2012 at 19:39, Laurent Gatto wrote:
| Dear all,
|
| The mzR package [0] depends on Rcpp and the following issue has
| appeared under some configurations:
|
| > library(mzR)
| Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'mzR', details:
|  call: value[[3L]](cond)
|  error: failed to load module Ramp from package mzR
| could not find function "errorOccured"
| Error: package/namespace load failed for 'mzR'
|
| Reported on
| - Mac OSX 10.7, R 2.15.0, package versions unknown [1]
| - 64-bit Windows 7, R 2.15.1, mzR 1.2.1, Rcpp 0.9.12 [2]
|
| Downgrading to Rcpp 0.9.10 does not produce the above error. Did not
| have a 0.9.11 Windows binary nor a Mac to test other versions.
|
| The problem, however, does not occur with the same package versions
| and R-2.15.1 on
| - Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 (64-bit) [3]
| - Mac OS X Leopard (10.5.8) [4]
| - Linux openSUSE 11.4 [5] and Ubuntu 12.04 (local box), both x86_64
|
| No problem either on the respective Bioconductor servers and local
| linux running R-devel and mzR 1.3.7 (devel version).

I am confused.  So in general no error on Linux and on some versions of
Windows and OS X, but an error on other versions of OS X and Windows?

Could this be as simple as required a rebuild of the related packaged (eg
Rcpp and mzR) ?

| I am assuming that this is related to Rcpp, but am pretty much stuck.
| Could this be related to "errorOccuredSym never used and commented
| out" from the ChangeLog?

>From what I recall I simply followed a warning from g++ about an unused var
which I commented out in src/Evaluator.cpp.  You could always fetch an older
src/Evaluator.cpp and drop it in and see what happens.

We'd need something reproducible, preferable on a platform I have access too.

Dirk