[Rcpp-devel] Using sparse matrices from the Matrix package in Rcpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Jun 24 20:19:08 CEST 2012

On 24 June 2012 at 19:56, Glenn Lawyer wrote:
| I would suggest using the eigen library, Rccp has an interface to this.
| Alternately, you could link to the boost graph library.

Spot on.

It was in fact the availability of (more) sparse matrix methods (even though
they were (are ?) under development and not fully mature) that lead Doug from
Armadillo to Eigen. I am sure he will follow-up here too.

Boost Graph is interesting as CRAN had the RBGL package to access it for such
a long time.  It would be nice if someone looked more closely if we can in
fact add appropriate as<>() and wrap() methods/functions to make interfacing
this library more easy / more accessible from R.