[Rcpp-devel] 64-bit ints on Windows 64-bit via size_t, unsigned long long, or unsigned __int64

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jul 11 21:52:48 CEST 2012

On 11 July 2012 at 16:46, Walter Mascarenhas wrote:
| Sorry if this sounds too naive (I now little about R,),
| but what is wrong with using the types
|
|   uint64_t, int64_t etc
|
| which are defined in the c++ standard header <cstdint>?

I like those too --- but on _32 bit Windows_ they turn into (or rather: are
implemented as) long long which by the established procedure on CRAN is not
available as it would require -std=c++11 (see yesterday's email).

You can /absolutely/ use int64_t with Rcpp, you simply can't upload a package
using it to CRAN.

There is nothing I can do about the latter part (and I suggest you take the
issue to r-devel).

If there is anything I could do better on the Rcpp I am all ears to hear
about it.