[Rcpp-devel] error Rcpp::binding_not_found and stack overflow

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jan 31 18:09:49 CET 2012

On 31 January 2012 at 10:06, Falk Schramm wrote:
| Hello,
|
|   I'm actually just trying to start RInside.

Good starting point so far :)

|   My Problem:
|   The creation of the embedded R instance is not in the main method.
|   And the C++ is started by Java with a so called JNI Wrapper.
|   C++ creates the library for the Java code.

Ouch.

You're on your own there. I would recommend to go incrementally in small
steps. RInside works, do work your way up layer by layer til it works.

|   It's a big project and unfortunately I didn't found how to get argc and
| argv, yet. (I'm
|   just responsible for the connection of C++ an R.)
|
|   So I tried to immitate the argc and argv with just 1 parameter.
|      char path[]="";
|      char *argv[0]={path};
|      RInside R(1, argv);
|   In Eclipse only with C++ with the StatET Plugin it doesn't matter which
| parameter i give
|   to RInside, it starts and works also in a seperate function.
|   But maybe just because of the preferences in eclipse.
|
|   So I tried this in the project with Java.
|   The compilation of the C++ Library works fine but if I try to call the
| function (with
|   Java) where R should be started there is the following error:
|
|   C stack usage is too close to the limit
|   C stack usage is too close to the limit
|   terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Rcpp::binding_not_found'
|      what(): binding not found '.AutoEnv'

The R engine is not initialized the right way, or maybe initialized multiple
times (big no-no as it is single threaded).

|   In general I'm trying to understand where exactly is the error.

Right. You need to lead the debugging here. As I said, I'd simplify as much
as possible.

Dirk

|   I think that the Rcpp an RInside libraries should be there, otherwise
| there would be
|   errors during C++ compiling.
|   So maybe it is the parameter of RInside?
|
|   Greetings
|   Falk Schramm
|
| --
| Erstellt mit Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/mail/