[Rcpp-devel] Problems running RInside 0.2.5 on Windows with R 2.14.1 and Rtools 21[45]

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jan 2 16:33:02 CET 2012

Diomidis,

I am CC'ing this back to the rcpp-devel list where all RInside comments
should go too.  Could you follow-up on list as well? (Subscriptions needed to
post; else use gmane or nabble to post via web.)

On 2 January 2012 at 16:30, Diomidis Spinellis wrote:
| Happy new year and thanks for the excellent work you've put on RInside.
|   I wouldn't trouble you with this, but I saw your recent Stackoverflow
| response indicating that RInside should work under Windows [1].  I'm
| also experiencing problems with RInside under Windows using a procedure
| you described as basically correct in 2010 [2], and I'm willing to help
| debug them.

As of the last release 0.2.5 (which you seem to be using) everything should
just work with 'make -f Makefile.win' in the examples/standard/ directory.

What is your platform if it doesn't work?  I tested on XP 32bit, R 2.14.0 (or
rc), Rtools 2.14.

| Running rinside_module_sample0 I get a SIGSEGV in trio_strerror. This is
| called from a 1018 element call stack, which includes the following

Modules is always extra tricky; I will check once back in the office.  Do the
standard examples work for you?

Dirk

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx