[Rcpp-devel] RInside under Windows

Patrick Burns patrick at burns-stat.com
Tue Feb 14 18:43:00 CET 2012

Pascal,

I don't think trying to use .a files is going
to work on Windows.  That is one of the things
that I changed was to look for DLLs instead.

Dirk,

Good point about the Rtools version.  I started
with 2.13, but I get the same thing with 2.14.

Here are the key changes that I made to Makefile.win:

RCPPINCL := -IC:/Users/pat/Documents/R/win-library/2.14/Rcpp/include
RCPPLIBS :=
C:/Users/pat/Documents/R/win-library/2.14/Rcpp/libs/i386/Rcpp.dll

RINSIDEINCL := -IC:/Users/pat/Documents/R/win-library/2.14/RInside/include
RINSIDELIBS :=
C:/Users/pat/Documents/R/win-library/2.14/RInside/libs/i386/libRInside.dll

I then do:

make -f Makefile.win

I seem to have failed in my attempt to
tell it where R lives -- I get a cygwin
warning about MS-DOS style path, but I
don't think that is really a problem.

It then attempts the g++ command, gives
the multiple definition statements, and:

ld returned 1 exit status

I don't suppose there is a way of doing
this so that output can be cut-and-pasted.

Pat