[Rcpp-devel] rcpp as a compiler to create stand-alone applications

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Feb 6 21:09:22 CET 2012

On 6 February 2012 at 13:29, Douglas Bates wrote:
| On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 2:44 AM, B, Nitika (GE Global Research)
| <Nitika.B at ge.com> wrote:
| > Hi,
|
| > Can we use rcpp to convert an R program into a C++ program and hence create
| > a stand-alone executable – that does not need R to be installed? This
| > question is with respect to deployment of R applications.
|
| I think what you want is closer to Rinside than to Rcpp, per se.

While that is true, it does not take away from the fact RInside also needs a
full R installation with all that entails.

You cannot do R and C++ without the R.

But one can of course rewrite all of R again in C++ if the open source
license is too much of a burden.  "Chacun a son gout", as they say.

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx