[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp and C++ mangling

jean.p at hushmail.com jean.p at hushmail.com
Fri Dec 21 12:12:54 CET 2012

hi,
a quick question regarding a Rcpp function I wrote using an external
library (gretl) :
with the help of a makefile (adapted from the convolution Rcpp
example), the code compiles just fine and turns into a shared object
in linux (.so file)
however, when I then try to load the newly created shared library into
R using dyn.load, I get the following error message:
	dyn.load("/home/jean/Documents/code experiments/gretl/test2.so")
Error in dyn.load("/home/jean/Documents/code
experiments/gretl/test2.so") :    unable to load shared object
'/home/jean/Documents/code experiments/gretl/test2.so':
/home/jean/Documents/code experiments/gretl/test2.so: undefined
symbol: _Z13kalman_smoothP7kalman_PP13gretl_matrix_S3_Pi
The undefined symbol is in fact (after c++ unmangling)
kalman_smooth(kalman_*, gretl_matrix_**, gretl_matrix_**, int*), a
function from the gretl library
Do you think the problem comes from the c++ mangling of gretl's  C
library or is it rather linked to internals of gretl ?
many thanks for your help!
jean