[Rcpp-devel] cmake

Richard Downe richard-downe at uiowa.edu
Fri Dec 14 20:51:21 CET 2012

I use cmake for all my makefile generation.  I realize there are other
good tools out there; cmake meets my needs rather well, and I'm happy
with it.

Most libraries I use in my development (cgal, python, perl, swig,
vtk/itk, etc) are supported by FindXXX.cmake files that make dependency
location/comprehension trivial.

R is the only library I use at the moment that lacks this.  I was
wondering if
a) any other rcpp user has ever taken the time to write such a thing and/or
b) if there are other cmake users out there who might be interested in
seeing a FindR.cmake/FindRcpp.cmake combination to make building rcpp
based modules with other dependencies simpler.

I realize this falls outside the standard build methods for R (I use a
perl script for my 'configure' file, and have this script invoke cmake
on my behalf), but I still find it rather useful, and thought others
might as well.
-rd