[Rcpp-devel] Is 10.1 intentionally stricter than 9.15?

John Merrill john.merrill at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 23:09:24 CET 2012

I just built a source package on a 0.10.1 box for the first time;
previously, I'd always built it on 0.9.15 boxes.  I was surprised to see
that I now need to do string comparisons to character SEXP's using the
CHAR() macro; previously, I'd been able to use the SEXP from a StringVector
directly.

I'm not complaining about this -- the code before was at least technically
wrong.  I just don't remember an announcement that this change was
happening, and I'd like to know if it was intentional.