[Rcpp-devel] "No matching function for call to as(double&)" error at compile time

Robert A'gata rhelpacc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 05:57:18 CET 2012

Hi,

I am not sure what I am missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I
have the following code:

// myList will have column called "a"
Rcpp::List myList = someInputList;
Rcpp::NumericVector test = Rcpp::as<Rcpp::NumericVector>(myList["a"]);

/* up to the above line, everything compiles.
Now I want to get a double out from first element of test.*/

double test0 = Rcpp::as<double>(test[0]);

It is the above line that the compiler complains about. I have include
Rcpp.h and also my -I path includes Rcpp/include directory. I am not sure
why I am getting an error here? Or I have to make a copy of SEXP object
representing test[0] before passing it into Rcpp::as<double>? Thank you.

Best regards,

Robert