[Rcpp-devel] [ANN] RcppArmadillo 0.3.3.91 at R-Forge

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Aug 31 03:06:38 CEST 2012

Earlier today, Conrad has released 3.3.91 aka "v3.4 beta 1", which I wrapped
into RcppArmadillo 0.3.3.91.  The NEWS entry below details some of the
changes (performance gains, beginning sparse matrix support, small
enhancements to fastLm).

Because CRAN now prefers to get only about one upload per package and month,
I am not pushing this release there. You can get it from R-Forge via SVN, via
a tarball (once built, I believe this is a once-a-day cron job) or via
install.packages("RcppArmadillo", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org") once
the tarball is there.  It's also in http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/rcpp/

Dirk

Changes in version 0.3.3.91 (2012-08-30):

    o   Upgraded to Armadillo release 3.3.91

	  * faster singular value decomposition via "divide and conquer"
	    algorithm

	  * added economical QR decomposition: qr_econ()

	  * added .each_col() & .each_row() for vector operations repeated
	    on each column or row

	  * added preliminary support for sparse matrices, contributed by
	    Ryan Curtin, James Cline and Matthew Amidon (Georgia Institute
	    of Technology)

    o   Corrected summary method to deal with the no intercept case when
	using a formula; also display residual summary() statistics

    o   Expanded unit tests for fastLm