[Rcpp-devel] RInside missing R.dll

Smith, Dale Dale.Smith at Fiserv.com
Tue Aug 28 16:11:23 CEST 2012

Mail: dale.smith at fiserv.com

-----Original Message-----
From: rcpp-devel-bounces at r-forge.wu-wien.ac.at
[mailto:rcpp-devel-bounces at r-forge.wu-wien.ac.at] On Behalf Of Dirk
Eddelbuettel
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:40 AM
To: Dan Murphy
Cc: rcpp-devel at r-forge.wu-wien.ac.at
Subject: Re: [Rcpp-devel] RInside missing R.dll

On 28 August 2012 at 06:14, Dan Murphy wrote:
| Hmm, that's a possibility. When I built R from source, I ended up with

| the 64bit version only. Perhaps there's something wrong with my
| Rtools. I will look into that.

Or maybe it is your R-built-from-source which may make your setup
non-standard.

I don't develop on Windows myself, but I occassionally built there (eg
for local-to-work packages) or test there (eg in a small virtual
instance on my Linux server) but most of the time I just toss package
candidates at win-builder.r-project.org which works great (but does not
help with RInside besides building the package).

We had a long standing Windows bug in RInside (which was entirely my
oversight) but since that has been fixed, it "just works" and reliably
so.
And thanks to Peter's CMake files even in different settings / IDEs etc.

But Windows is finicky and you must follow the prescribed procedure to
the t.