[Rcpp-devel] RInside missing R.dll

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Aug 28 15:40:03 CEST 2012

On 28 August 2012 at 06:14, Dan Murphy wrote:
| Hmm, that's a possibility. When I built R from source, I ended up with
| the 64bit version only. Perhaps there's something wrong with my
| Rtools. I will look into that.

Or maybe it is your R-built-from-source which may make your setup
non-standard.

I don't develop on Windows myself, but I occassionally built there (eg for
local-to-work packages) or test there (eg in a small virtual instance on my
Linux server) but most of the time I just toss package candidates at
win-builder.r-project.org which works great (but does not help with RInside
besides building the package).

We had a long standing Windows bug in RInside (which was entirely my
oversight) but since that has been fixed, it "just works" and reliably so.
And thanks to Peter's CMake files even in different settings / IDEs etc.

But Windows is finicky and you must follow the prescribed procedure to the t.