[Rcpp-devel] How to manage testing code for Rcpp based project?

Darren Cook darren at dcook.org
Wed Aug 22 07:31:04 CEST 2012

> I think what Peng meant as an alternative to Runit is not the devtools
> itself, but testthat. See
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/testthat/ and
> https://github.com/hadley/test_that
>
> Philosophically, testthat draws on Ruby test frameworks like rspec and
> other BDD tools.

Thanks! I did briefly consider testthat, based on reading [1], and
dismissed it because it seemed to be different without being better.
(I'm not saying it was worse, just it didn't appear to have any killer
reason to make it worth turning my back on the 10-15 years worth of
experience the software industry has with the xUnit approach.)

Darren

[1]:
http://www.johnmyleswhite.com/notebook/2010/08/17/unit-testing-in-r-the-bare-minimum/