[Rcpp-devel] cxxfunplus

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Aug 19 18:09:40 CEST 2012

On 19 August 2012 at 10:41, Jiqiang Guo wrote:
| While developing R interface for Stan http://Stan.googlecode.com, we really want to save the compiled objects.  So I isolated some code out and put it into a tiny package and would like to see comments.

Well, I am the de-facto maintainer of inline and could incorporate changes
and extensions there. That's how cxxfunction got into inline.  The last four
or five minor versions of inline were all done by people other that Oleg (who
is the original author).

I still feel pretty strongly that for anything beyond ad-hoc work and tests,
a package (rather than an inline "hack") should be used. In my view, that is
particularly true for a multi-person, multi-year effort such as Stan. But
what do I know...

| The thing is that Dirk said there were arguments, but I did not know that.  It would be nice to have them easily found.

I do not understand what you are trying to say here.

Dirk