[Rcpp-devel] clarification of interaction between RInside and RcppEigen

Stephen J. Barr stephenjbarr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 19:55:56 CEST 2012

Greetings,

I am new to Rcpp, RInside and the entire family of related packages. I am
experienced with R and also C++ using Eigen but I have never combined the
two before. I would like to create a matrix using R and then play with it
using Eigen. From what I have read so far, it seems like I can use RInside
to create an Rcpp::NumericMatrix.

My question is this: to transform a matrix from a Rcpp::NumericMatrix to an
Eigen MatrixXd, do I use RcppEigen? Or is RcppEigen only for calling
C++/Eigen from R and not the other way around?

Thanks,
Stephen