[Rcpp-devel] How to manage testing code for Rcpp based project?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 18:48:26 CEST 2012

> Seriously:  please think through what you are suggesting here. We are talking
> about __compiled language__ and outside of a time machine I see very few
> tools that would permit you to __test before installation__.

You clearly exaggerated my point.

For example, if you have 100 Rcpp based files in your package. But you
just changed 1 file. To test this 1 file, you have to compile the
whole package which take the time to compile all the 100 Rcpp files. A
more efficient way is just to compile the file that was changed and
possibly other files that depends on it.

--
Regards,
Peng