[Rcpp-devel] OpenMP and Rinside

Andreas Alfons andreas.alfons at kuleuven.be
Wed Aug 1 17:58:07 CEST 2012

I used Rcpp with OpenMP in one of my packages (the new version is not
on CRAN yet, only on github), so I can help with putting together an
example.  I'm at conferences this week and next week, though, so I'm a
bit constrained with time right now.

- Andreas

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 5:00 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 31 July 2012 at 13:41, David Ibarra Gómez wrote:
> | Thank you, Dirk.
> |
> | I'll try with MPI, futhermore It'll be ready for a cluster enviroment.
>
> Sounds good.
>
> But as one can (with some care) use OpenMP with R itself, it should be
> possibly to use it (with some care) from RInside as well.
>
> And then building blocks can be combined: use OpenMPI to deploy N compute
> nodes in a cluster -- and if each of these has M core, you may be able to
> deploy N * M.  With care :)
>
> We should cook up an example for a simple and easily-to-use parallel
> problem.
>
> Dirk
>
> --
> Dirk Eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org | http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com

Andreas Alfons
Faculty of Business and Economics, KU Leuven
www.econ.kuleuven.be/andreas.alfons/public/