[Rcpp-devel] RcppArmadillo with R-devel

Whit Armstrong armstrong.whit at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 18:06:45 CEST 2012

Has anyone seen this subtle change between R 2.15 and R-devel for
packages linking to RcppArmadillo?

on R 2.15:
warmstrong at krypton:~/dvl/R.packages/rcppbugs.Rcheck/rcppbugs/libs$ nm
-C rcppbugs.so |grep assert
warmstrong at krypton:~/dvl/R.packages/rcppbugs.Rcheck/rcppbugs/libs$

on R-devel:
nodeadmin at redbox:~/rcppbugs.Rcheck/rcppbugs/libs$ nm -C rcppbugs.so |grep assert
0000000000043f90 W arma::arma_assert_same_size(unsigned int, unsigned
int, unsigned int, unsigned int, char const*)
                 U __assert_fail@@GLIBC_2.2.5
nodeadmin at redbox:~/rcppbugs.Rcheck/rcppbugs/libs$

The __assert_fail is now a blocker for my package updates to CRAN.

This is exactly the same package build, just compiled on R-2.15 vs R-devel.

I see that both R-2.15 and R-devel already set -DNDEBUG.

Should I be setting ARMA_NO_DEBUG in addition?

Source code is here for anyone who wants to try:
https://github.com/armstrtw/rcppbugs/downloads

-Whit