[Rcpp-devel] [OT] Rcpp CRAN usage milestone

Michael Hannon jm_hannon at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 04:33:29 CEST 2012

On Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> The CRANberries service [1] just noticed a new package 'survSNP' which
> brings the number of CRAN packages having a Depends: or Imports: on Rcpp to
> sixty.
.
.
.
> So I it is really nice to see that Rcpp appears to now be playing
> approximately the same role for many of you reading this list here---so a
> big "Thank You!" to all of you for your patches, bug reports, questions and
> or suggestions.
.
.
.

Hi, Dirk.  I guess it takes a village to raise a successful R package, so in
that sense your "Thank You!" to the users of Rcpp & Friends is appropriate.

But I like to think that for both kids and R packages the "parents" play an
essential role.  I've been waiting for somebody to offer the obvious "back at
you, dude!" response, but I haven't seen one.  So let me be the first: thanks
to you and Romain for creating, maintaining, and updating Rcpp.

-- Mike